Wednesday, July 4, 2018

In that Land with glory glowing



Come my heart together
Let us go seek the Friend;
So fear not with one accord
Let us go seek the Friend. 

In that land with glory glowing 
Where ever sing the nightingales;
‘Tis from thence these breezes blowing,
Let us go seek the Friend.

Ah, my heart is burning 
and my footsteps are turning,
For the truth I am yearning,
Let us go seek the Friend.


-Yunus Emre 
13th Century Turkey



It is always difficult to leave; pulling away from a port, lifting off from a runway, counting the steps, kilometers and miles from those you love and leaving pieces of yourself behind with each. 

It is difficult to be in love with the world, willing to call every and any port home, creating nostalgia and romance in every tree, mountain and body of water, wondering at the possibilities of each different path. But I am so in love with this world. I want my bare feet to touch her every day. I want to swim her depths, climb her heights and sleep in her embrace. I want my hair hopelessly tangled and my skin leathery from too much time spent kissing her sky. I want my mouth to know the shape and taste of every sound in every language. I want to sing her songs in my heart and feel her voice resonate in my chest... renewing my strength to breathe in and breathe out, my breath feeding her as she feeds me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment